About Our Partnerships
Ogden-Weber Tech College operates in and supports free enterprise, which is driven by market conditions. We work with local employers on a daily basis to continually inform ourselves of the changes that occur in the marketplace. This college-wide task is critical in helping us with the process of fulfilling our mission.
The objectives of our on-going relationship with local businesses and industry, which we proudly call our partnership with employers, are threefold:
- ensure that our technical education meets business requirements,
- secure meaningful employment for our students, and
- support the viability of the businesses that are the very heart and foundation of the Ogden-Weber community.
To ensure that we successfully meet these objectives, our partnership with employers includes important programs such as Employer Advisory Teams and Custom Fit Training.
Employer Advisory Teams
Each college technical education program establishes and maintains a team of employers who represent local businesses (many of them are the owners and managers). Each team typically meets two times during the year to:
- review our curriculum materials, course outlines, and skill competency standards;
- review our equipment needs;
- recommend appropriate equipment changes and upgrades;
- review changing employer job skill requirements;
- provide feedback on the performance of former students;
- discuss employment trends and job forecasts; and
- provide recommendations concerning the technical skills employees need to be successful on the job.
Each year, nearly 200 employers dedicate their time and expertise to these teams to ensure our students receive the best technical education possible. These employer representatives also establish on-the-job training activities and internships for our students. These activities give students first-hand knowledge and experience in applying the skills they are learning in their classes.
If you are an employer interested in participating on an Employer Advisory Team, please contact Vicki Walczak at 801-627-8306.
Employer Custom Fit Training
A Custom Fit Training Office is maintained at the college’s Business Depot Ogden facility to help employers increase productivity. They can do this by keeping the skills of their employees current to meet the demands of changing technology.
This office serves as an important tool to promote cooperation between the college and local employers in: developing program materials, helping conduct training programs designed specifically for their companies, and setting up classrooms and workshops on campus locations of their choice. They are held days or nights and provide qualified instructors or coach their employees to serve as instructors. Each year, Custom Fit helps local businesses in planning and conducting employee training for over 3,000 employees.
Custom Fit Training
Location: Business Depot Ogden
918 W. 2nd St. Building 10A
Ogden, UT 84404
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.