Web Development Program Information
Web Development is part of the Media Design program offered through the Ogden-Weber Tech College for adult students seeking new skills and career options, including those interested in upgrading their current skills.Â High school students may also participate if approval is obtained from their CTE counselor and space is available in the program.
Completing the Web Development Certificate provides opportunity to seek employment using job skills needed in all business areas, including large and small business, education, corporations, and self-employment.
Web Developers are responsible for coding, editing and troubleshooting web related content for public and corporate websites. Web Developers create code that allows data to be accessed from local and remote databases. Web Developers must stay up to date on current programming languages and web technologies.
Student Entry Requirements
- Complete enrollment process
- Enroll in the college and pay fee (required for both adults and high school students)
- Reading assessment 10th grade reading level or higher or ACT score of 17 (valid for two years from test date)
- COPSystem assessment (interests, abilities, etc.) â€“ not required for high school students
- Meet with program advisor to discuss educational and occupational goals.
Program Training Objectives
- Understand and apply fundamental concepts in two dimensional design
- Learn industry standard digital imaging software
- Develop websites using current web standards and programming techniques
Software taught in this program:
|Â After Effects||Â MDTC2530 Video Production II|
|Dreamweaver||MDTC2100 Web Design Fundamentals|
|Fireworks||MDTC2411 Web Graphic Fundamentals|
|Premiere Pro||MDTC2520 Video Production I|
|Illustrator||MDTC2401 Computer Illustration|
|Â InDesign||MDTC2300 Desktop Publishing Fundamentals|
|Â Photoshop||MDTC1020 Graphic Design Applications I|
Employer Advisory Team
- Jones Shirts and Signs
- MJ Morgan Natural Light Photography
- Ogden Blueprint and Supply Co.
For enrollment or cost information, please call 801-627-8300. For program-specific information, please contact an instructor below.
John Huerta has a Bachelor of Science-Illustration from Utah State University. He has worked with digital media for the last 13 years as an illustrator and graphic designer. His goal as an instructor is to teach and inspire students to learn practical design and technical skills that are essential to a successful career in Graphic Design or Web Development.
Office Hours: M-F 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Shon Child, Programming Instructor and Advisor, has over 13 years of programming experience in industry; programming for Fortune 500 companies as well as small, family-run businesses. A graduate of the Ogden Tech College with two certificates, Shon joined the faculty of the Ogden-Weber Tech College in 2005. His experience as a student of the college makes him keenly aware of the challenges our new students face when beginning their educational experience, as well as what is required to succeed.
Office Hours:Â M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Program Completion Rates and Additional Information
*Individual choices may influence how long it takes to complete a program, which affects the overall on-time completion rate. For example:
- A student might only attend part-time instead of full-time.
- A student may wish to take additional elective courses.
- A student will progress through coursework at an individual rate in self-paced programs.
- A student could change to a different program before completing the first one.
**The Ogden-Weber tech college offers low tuition and multiple options for financial aid. It does not rely on loan programs so the median loan debt for all programs is zero, enabling students to enter the workforce with no student debt.