Credit Transfer & Articulation

Changing Programs

Meet with a college counselor if you wish to change your current program. The counselor will fill out the required change of program form once the change is authorized. Most program changes will require a schedule change.

High School and College Students

The college offers articulation (transfer of credits) with Ogden City and Weber County School Districts and Weber State University. High school students must meet with their CTE Coordinator to determine which high school classes articulate with the tech college. For Weber State University articulation or concurrent enrollment, contact the Student Records Office for an up-to-date listing. For a list of classes that can be transferred to the tech college, view the PDF below that corresponds to your school district:

Transferring Credit or Coursework

Transferring Credit to the College

Students wanting consideration for transfer credit must be registered and submit an official transcript from an accredited institution providing evidence to substantiate the course competency.

Letter grades are not issued for transfer credit.  See:  Grading System page for additional details.

How to request credit consideration:

  1. Register at the tech college.
  2. Submit an official transcript by mail or in person to the Registrar. Official transcripts require a sealed envelope.

Note:  Student transcripts will be reviewed and the tech college will notify students by phone or email.

Transferring College Coursework to a High School

High school students who attend classes at the tech college earn credits that apply toward their graduation. Prior to enrollment, high school students must have their tech college classes reviewed and approved by the CTE Coordinator at their high school.

Transferring College Coursework to Weber State University

Some courses offered at the tech college can be transferred to Weber State University. Students are encouraged to contact Weber State University for further information.

Transferring College Coursework to General Education Development (GED)

Some courses offered at the tech college can be transferred toward General Education Development (GED).  For more information about a GED, contact the Weber Adult Education Office at  801-476-3930.

Contact Information

Kari Marler

Kari Marler, Student Records

Location: Student Services SS123

Hours: The Records Office is frequently closed due to campus meetings and other appointments during listed office hours so we recommend that you call 801-627-8392 to schedule an appointment to guarantee we are available to serve you. The usual Records Office hours are Monday & Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. The office is closed Monday-Thursday from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Fax: 801-395-3708