Ogden-Weber Tech College offers one-on-one career preparation services in the Student Success Center. The center is free to all current and former students and can work directly with them to:
- Develop and refine resumes, cover letters, and portfolios.
- Participate in mock interviews.
- Sign up for and participate in the “Passing the Bucks” Initiative – to get the inside scoop on part time opportunities.
- Access the Tech College job board and other job listings online along with job fair and career opportunity information.
- Attend the 30 hour Job Seeking Skills class listed as an elective on most Tech Center training outlines.
- Attend specialized workshops designed to prepare students to land a great job!
- B-Tech students: Participate in a 60 hour internship serving as Success Center receptionist and office assistant.
- Prepare for the annual on-campus career fair to meet the 100′s of employers who attend.
- Fax, email, and call prospective employers.
Effective Job Search
Students can make their job search more efficient and successful, by following the six steps listed below:
1. Visit the Student Success Center
Visiting the Student Success Center will give students more time to prepare their portfolios, develop their job search skills and learn about new job openings.
2. Learn about Local Companies
Learn more about local companies now hiring new employees. Knowledge about what companies do and the types of jobs they hire for will help students better plan their education, job search, and interview process.
3. Develop Job Search Skills
Learn positive conduct for a successful job interview, and on the job. Developing job search and workplace skills will help students become a valuable asset in the job market.
4. Enroll in the Job Seeking Skills Class and/or Attend Free, Informative Workshops
The Job Seeking Skills class is offered daily and every hour. The class is 30 hours and very flexible. The workshops are held regularly and offered during the lunch hours: 11:00 to 12:00 or 12:00 to 1:00.
5. Apply for Jobs Related to Technical Education Training
Students may utilize the Student Success Center to develop resumes, write cover letters, practice interviewing, and submit job applications.
6. Follow-Up on All Employment Opportunities
Learn follow-up techniques for job applications, job interviews, and networking.
Online Job Board
Check out our online job board for a list of all the current job openings at Ogden-Weber Tech College and throughout the Northern Utah area.Visit the Job Board →
Bright.com helps you to connect your job search to your family, friends and alumni network. Bright’s unique job search engine shows you what jobs are available at companies where your friends work. Bright has over 800 Jobs in Ogden.
Bright is 100% free for job seekers/students, and personal information is never shared with third parties. The SSC takes pride in helping students and alumni find jobs where their friends and fellow alums are currently working.