Completing Your Education
Students will be eligible for a Certificate of Completion from the tech college when they successfully complete all of the required courses and master the necessary competencies. Graduation ceremonies are held each year in the winter and spring. To be eligible to participate in graduation, apprenticeship students must complete the following steps:
- Meet with the Ogden-Weber Tech College Apprenticeship Coordinator to confirm all requirements are complete.
- Apply for an Apprenticeship Certificate of Completion.
An invitation to attend graduation will be mailed to the student’s home. Graduates may invite family and friends to attend and the graduation ceremony and help celebrate the apprentice’s accomplishment.
Recognition and Certification
Apprentices that fulfill the on-the-job training and formalized work-related classroom instruction may go on to receive state, national, and trade organization certifications.
The skills acquired by completing an apprenticeship program are portable and transferable. They are based on state and national skill standards. These agencies define and certify the apprenticeship training:
- The Office of Apprenticeship, Training, Employer and Labor Services (ATELS)
- Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL)
- Local Employer Advisory Teams
- The Utah State Office of Education
To receive a Certificate of Completion from the Office of Apprenticeship and to be recognized as a certified journey-person, see CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION OF APPRENTICESHIP information listed HERE.