The Computer Graphic Designer program is offered through the Ogden-Weber Tech College for adult students seeking new skills and career options, including those interested in upgrading their current skills. High school students may also participate if approval is obtained from their CTE counselor and space is available in the program.
Completing the Computer Graphic Designer Certificate provides opportunity to seek employment using job skills that are used in all business areas, including large and small business, education, corporations, and self-employment.
Graphic Designers create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers. They help to make an organization recognizable by selecting color, images, or logo designs that represent a particular idea or identity to be used in advertising and promotions.
Your future is here. Ready to enroll?
Student Entry Requirements
- Complete enrollment process
- Enroll in the college and pay fee (required for both adults and high school students)
- Reading assessment 10th grade reading level or higher or ACT score of 17 (valid for two years from test date)
- COPSystem assessment (interests, abilities, etc.) – not required for high school students
- Meet with program advisor to discuss educational and occupational goals.
Program Training Objectives
- Understand and apply fundamental concepts in two dimensional design
- Learn to use industry standard software for both Raster and Vector digital images
- Use HTML and CSS to develop basic websites
Software taught in this program
|After Effects||MDTC2530 Video Production II|
|Dreamweaver||MDTC2100 Web Design Fundamentals|
|Fireworks||MDTC2411 Web Graphic Fundamentals|
|Premiere Pro||MDTC2520 Video Production I|
|Illustrator||MDTC2401 Computer Illustration|
|InDesign||MDTC2300 Desktop Publishing Fundamentals|
|PhotoShop||MDTC1020 Graphic Design Applications I|
Employer Advisory Team
- Jones Shirts and Signs
- MJ Morgan Natural Light Photography
- Ogden Blueprint and Supply Co.
John has a Bachelor of Science-Illustration from Utah State University. He has worked with digital media for the last 13 years as an illustrator and graphic designer. His goal as an instructor is to teach and inspire students to learn practical design and technical skills that are essential to a successful career in Graphic Design or Web Development.
Office Hours: M-F 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.